In today world, we all are so called “Very Busy”, it is obvious that all are directly or indirectly having stress, I worked more than 20 years in my life in all different position and come across many time in my life when I was stressed and I had deal with based on situation and come out of it.
I come across very nice information and I thought I should share with my Friends and readers, if this article helps you in any way, drop me line, I will be very happy and my purpose of posting this article will be achieved.
Small background about cause of stress, how we know that we are stressed and what can happen.
Major Causes of Stress, it may be more:
1. Job Pressure
2. Money Worries
3. Health Concerns
How to figure out if you are stressed:
1. Anger and Irritability
2. Poor Memory
3. Lower Quality of Work
4. Change in Working Hours
6. Bad Time Management
It is medically prove that Stress may cause followings:
* Heart Disease
* High Blood Pressure
* Hardening of the Arteries
* Sex Problems
* Skin Diseases
* Kidney Disorders
* Breathing Problems
* Increased Smoking
Don’t be panic, there are ways to avoid stress, here are the 6 ways you can avoid stress are:
1. Avoid unnecessary stress
– Learn how to say “no” (I like phrase “Don’t say “YES” when you want to say “NO”), know your limits and stick to them.
– Take control of your environment, if the evening news makes you anxious, turn the TV off.
– Avoid Hot-button topics, if you get upset over religion, politics or family discussion, cross them off your conversation list.
– Pare down your to-do list, Analyze your schedule, responsibilities and daily tasks.
2. Accept the things you can’t change
– Don’t try to control the uncontrollable, many things in life are beyond our control, particularly the behavior of other people.
– Look for the upside, as the saying goes, “What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.”
– Share your feelings, Talk to trusted friend or make an appointment with a therapist.
– Learn to forgive, accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world and that people make mistakes.
3. Alter the Situation
– Express your feelings instead of bottling them up, if something or someone is bothering you, communicate your concerns in an open and respectful way.
– Be willing to compromise, when you ask someone to change their behavior, be willing to do the same.
– Be more Assertive, Don’t take a backseat in your own life.
– Manage your time better, poor time management can cause a lot of stress.
4. Make Time for Fun and relaxation
– Set aside relaxation time, Include rest and relaxation in your daily schedule.
– Connect with ours, Spend time with positive people who enhance your life.
– Do something you enjoy every day, Make time for leisure activities that bring you joy, whether it be stargazing playing the piano, or working on your bike.
– Keep your sense of humor, this includes the ability to laugh at yourself.
5. Adapt to the Stressor
– Re-frame problems, try to view stressful situations from a more positive perspective.
– Look at the big picture, Take perspective of the stressful situation.
– Adjust your standards, Perfectionism is a major source of avoidable stress.
– Focus on the positive, when stress is getting you down, take a moment of reflect on all the things you appreciate in your life including your own positive qualities and gifts.
6. Adopt a Healthy lifestyle
– Exercise regularly, physical activity plays a key role in reducing and preventing the effects of stress.
– Eat a healthy diet, Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat.
– Reduce caffeine and sugar, the temporary “Highs” caffeine and sugar provide often end in with a crash in mood and energy.
– Avoid Alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs, self-medicating with alcohol or drugs may provide an easy escape from stress, but the relief is only temporary.
I hope above 6 powerful points you will implement to reduce your stress in your life and you can enjoy your life.